Sunday, September 02, 2007

St. Jean Pied de Port


I'm sitting beside a stream, in a misty village at the base of the Pyrenees having just eaten half a petite loaf of bread from the boulangerie. The hymns of the nearby stone church barely rising above the gurgle of the stream. Do I need to articulate my happy?

The airline called and the poles will come later today. No sweat, it is beautiful here. I'm in France, won't complain. I just secured a room at a refuge tonight so I have lodging.

Learned something new today. That universally women turn the map around to navigate. It isn't just me nor being an American.

Wikipedia au sujet de Saint-Jean-Pie-De-Port: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port


(From my Treo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeez mom, what an awful place to have to sit around and wait for some silly poles! ; ) (Wink, wink). What a bummer!! How absolutely beautiful. You lucky lady! I love your comment about the map. I never realized that others may not do that. I have always flipped the map so that it shows the path as if it were in front of me. How funny!

Heather