Friday, September 21, 2007

Gonzar

Daylight is coming later and later. We're in a rhythm that is difficult to break. Asleep at 10pm, awake by 6, out the door by 7. But you get more efficient and it becomes out the door by 6:30.

I learned night hiking last year with Pat and Mt. Timp. Itls funM but a little daunting alone. IF, in my case, I remain open in thought, I lknow when I need to be looking for turns....my heart tells me there's an arrow I need to find.

This morning was a combination of road and forrest hiking in the dark.

I saw the Milky Way for the first time in my life. In perfect silence and crystal clarity in all its glory, with no city light competition.

In the forrest there were owls hooting..

I heard the morning first crow of the rooster in a tiny hamlet.

And I saw the morning mist form and begin to rise out of the valleys, all in perfect silence. Did you know that when one is still and not moving, the mist will surround you (for me it was like an embrace)?

And I got "footprinted" yesterday by an exhausted woman -I just held her while she was cying. Another couple doule bunked so she could have a bed (the albruge was full). She made braided bracelets for her angels. I wear it with great love and understanding.

(From my Treo)

No comments: