Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Santiago

I'm here, I'm Compostelled, I've hugged the statue of St. James from behind the altar, and I've visited his tomb (the purposed of this little 400 km stroll).

I did the cool thing and let one of the local ladies find me. They find the Pilgrims near the Cathedral and offer to rent rooms for just a few Euro a night. I still have to forage for my own food and do laundry in a tub, but the bathroom is next door and I only have to share it with a couple of rooms.

Speaking of food. I tried to eat at 7:00 and the place wouldn't do dinner until 8:00 so I tracked down a grocery store and still had ham and cheese on bread. I'm so tired and cold that I just want to snuggle down and sleep until daylight. (A camino joke.) The HOT private shower was a treat too!

Tomorrow is climbing to the top of the Cathedral, the Pilgrim's Mass, touristy stuff, SHOPPING, hot food and travel arrangements.

AND at 9am Utah time I'll be at the fountain on the webcam. If you want to see proof of destination, please join http://www.crtvg.es/cgi-bin/camweb/camaras.asp?id=8&idioma=galego

Thanks for all your support. I couldn't have done it without you!

(From my Treo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed by you and so proud. We love you mom-- Laura and the boys (all 3)