Saturday, June 09, 2007

My Pack

I got my pack today!!!!

This pack is so accessible and comfortable. I'd been hiking around town today, errands/garage saling, with just a simple day pack. I threw it in and walked the rest of the way home. Felt a bit like Minnie Pearl with my tags flying in the wind.

This is it. My legacy to my children and grandchildren. I hope I can inspire the same adventuresome spirit in them that my father in law has with giving me his pack.

Dad's pack is too big for me to take and too heavy for the long haul (he was bigger than me). I will take one of his pack straps and his picture with me. I'm not going without him!!

I'm thinking about taking a Sharpie and having people sign it with their countries of origin. We'll see.

And as you can see - it matches my shoes :) all of them!