Friday, June 08, 2007

Mi Zapatos

My shoes are nearly broken in. I have named them: Green, Yellow and Yellow X. Green should have had twin, but the store didn't order two pairs as I had asked. The color changed to yellow when I ordered the next set and hence Yellow and Yellow X. X is such because I put an "X" on the inside of the tongue so I would know the pair matched.

Green has done Timpanogos Cave Trail and is ready for Spain. Yellow and Yellow X will have their turn before the summer is out.

I really have to be conscious of which pair I wore for how long - so that they all are correctly broken in. I have them lined up along my bedroom wall. About every 3-4 days, two pairs move to the left and the ones I've been wearing drop to the end of the line.

Total on the trip I will have four pairs of shoes. The ladies mentioned above (or are shoes masculine in Spanish?) and a pair of sandals for the evening strolls around the villages. It is still less than hauling two pairs of boots.

I have about 6 pairs of socks - so I should be set. I may stock up on a few more because wet socks cause blisters. I don't want to do blisters.

I'm learning more and more every day and I can spit out more and more Spanish phrases (I swear I know how a three year old feels). I'm coming along.