Monday, October 01, 2007

No More Coincidences

I had this stuck on my wall at home. I have no idea where I got it, when I put it up or what drew me to it. The back is copywrited and has the website about church vocations. The art, the words and the message are more than appropriate for my pilgrimage.

The front:
The back: Dare the Dream Prayer: Jesus, help me to trust the little intuitions that feed my spirit with this deep and certain knowledge: your love and grace guide my steps; you keep your promises; you will never abandon me. As I discern my response to your call, help me to be attentive to the ways your Spirit guides me. Then, Jesus, every step – wherever it takes me –will always lead me to you.

And: Blessed are you who belived that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled. - Luke 1:45.

While I don't feel I was called (or being called) to a vocation, I do strongly feel that I was called to do this pilgrimage and to be forced to trust the Voice of direction, housing, darkness, cold, pain, etc. I feel that I was selected to experience the daily miracles and cross paths with those whose lives I am now intermingled with. I won't dilute the experience by saying "my faith was renewed", but more that the faith I had, which sometimes I take for granted, was bathed in gold and at the same time deepened to the rawest, most basic, elemental emotions one could experience. A very special gift.

No comments: