Monday, August 27, 2007

Devotional

I love to walk and that was the first motivator for me to take this on. The second and most important is that it is a pilgrimage. History created it to be a religious experience.

Many take this journey as a spiritual undertaking. Spirituality is defined in many different ways by everyone and if you know me at all, you know I respect and support each person's spirit and their own personal calling.

That said, defined, and disclaimer-ed.....I found, on the web ring a devotional. It was designed to be started a week before (I have) and throughout the journey (printed and packed). For me - I need it to ground me into the spirituality I want to experience on this trip.

http://gryjhnsn.tripod.com/santiago/id14.html

And a note from the sponsor - me: I have had some very profound experiences with my faith. Visiting Fatima (D and I were discussing this over the weekend), my celestial encounter while toting St. Philomena around (yes, the relic), and many more.

I'm open to whatever tales this ancient path of the saints has to share (and two of them are my relatives) with me.

Now where's that sign "St. Francis of Assisi was here"????

One more little thing....someone posted that earlier this week or month one town's worth of alberques were full....no room at the inn. So they didn't have to sleep in full open fields, they were led to a shepherd's cave to sleep in for the night. HOW COOL IS THAT??? Now if that happens to me....upon my return I'm petitioning to change my name to Mary.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad I found this blog today. Enjoyed the read.

And here's an invitation to come visit my blog--this week if possible--as my "Spotlight the Youth" contest ends Friday, and lots of votes are needed to make it work. So please spread the word.

Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Paris' Houses de Parfums come out with "Eau du Sheep Sh*t." I think it'll take the wind--and romance--outta sleeping in a shepherdd's cave. But I'm only Dwidget, and whaddo I know ::Hrmmph:

EEK! Don't look now! A Blog Spammer's msg above MINE!